NorZinc Ltd. is a premium mine developer specializing in high-grade zinc, lead and silver. The Company has an experienced Management team and Board along with an established site infrastructure.
It is headquartered in Vancouver, BC and listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbol “NZC“, in the United States on the OTCQB under the symbol “NORZF” and in Germany on the Frankfurt under the symbol “SRS“.
NorZinc is currently developing the Prairie Creek Mine in the Northwest Territories.
NorZinc Ltd, owner of the Prairie Creek Mine situated near Nahanni Butte in the Northwest Territories, has a temporary employment opportunity for an experienced Material Controller. Reporting to the Site Manager, this position will be responsible for inventory control, purchasing and receiving to support the various programs expected to be undertaken this year at Prairie Creek.
- Coordinate with site staff on parts, equipment, and chemical needs, and when they are needed.
- Confirm with management on parts to be ordered, released from warehouse.
- Place orders with existing suppliers or locate new suppliers on an as-needed basis for hard-to-find industrial items.
- Arrange shipments to ensure timely receipt of materials to staging locations.
- Track deliveries, including follow-up and changes on delayed orders.
- Maintain secure access and inventory tracking in existing parts warehouse.
- Inspect shipments as they arrive, to ensure items are received in good condition, and record to inventory.
- Keep orderly digital records, including order dates, shipping times, and current inventory levels.
- Organize and maintain warehouse in an orderly manner.
- Maintain a stock of commonly used parts and material as directed by the Site Manager.
- Other duties include but are not limited to assisting with administration requirements, airstrip shuttle for personnel and supplies, light duties around site when demand requires.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in a related role.
- Relevant work experience in an industrial setting.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (specifically Word and Excel) and basic recordkeeping skills.
- Have a valid standard First Aid certification.
- Safety conscious, team-oriented, hardworking, and reliable.
- Remote camp and Arctic weather experience.
- Comfortable travelling on small aircraft.
- Additional assets would include additional First Aid certifications and administrative/technology proficiencies.
With safety being our top priority, strict adherence to NorZinc’s Zero-Tolerance Policy towards drugs and alcohol is a condition of employment. In addition, due to the evolving COVID-19 pandemic, adherence to COVID protocols is a condition of employment. This is a seasonal, fly in/fly out camp position that will typically involve a four week in, four week out rotation and is expected to run until January 2022 with the possibility of turning into a full-time position.
NorZinc provides a competitive day rate, work-related travel expenses, travel time and all food and lodging while on site at Prairie Creek Mine.
Interested applicants are encouraged to view our website at www.norzinc.com to learn more about the Prairie Creek Mine and NorZinc. To apply, qualified candidates should email a current resume, cover letter and copies of all certifications and tickets to email@example.com.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest in NorZinc; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Preference will be given to qualified applicants from NorZinc’s Impact Benefit Agreements (“IBA”) communities of Naha Dehe Dene Band and Liidlii Kue First Nation.