It is NZC’s policy to achieve and maintain a high standard of environmental care in conducting its business as a resource company, and through its developments, contribute to sustaining society’s material needs. NorZinc’s approach to environmental management seeks continuous improvement in performance by incorporating evolving scientific knowledge and community expectations into its operations. Get more info on our Environmental Principles.
Specifically, it is NZC’s policy to:
- Comply with and adopt the spirit of all applicable laws, regulations and standards, and where laws do not adequately protect the environment, apply standards that minimize any adverse environmental impacts resulting from its operations, products and services;
- Communicate openly and in a timely manner with government on environmental issues, and contribute to the development of policies, legislation and regulations that may affect NZC and its operations;
- Recognize local communities as stakeholders and engage with them in a process of open consultation and timely communication regarding environmental management issues and impacts, and seek to involve them in decision making and implementation;
- Ensure that employees and suppliers of goods and services are informed about this policy and that they are aware of their environmental responsibilities in relation to NZC’s business; and
- Develop and implement management systems to identify, control and monitor potential environmental risks arising from operations, and be prepared to respond to adversity.