HEAVY EQUIPMENT OPERATOR
NorZinc Ltd. is a premium mine developer specializing in high-grade zinc, lead and silver. The Company has an experienced Management team and Board along with an established site infrastructure.
It is headquartered in Vancouver, BC and listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbol “NZC“, in the United States on the OTCQB under the symbol “NORZF” and in Germany on the Frankfurt under the symbol “SRS“.
NorZinc is currently developing the Prairie Creek Mine in the Northwest Territories.
NorZinc Ltd, owner of the Prairie Creek Mine situated near Nahanni Butte in the Northwest Territories, has a temporary employment opportunity for an experienced Heavy Equipment Operator. Reporting to the Site Manager, this position will be responsible for operating heavy mobile equipment (excavator, bulldozers, graders) to support site programs at Prairie Creek Mine.
- Safely operate heavy equipment in a variety of weather conditions.
- Keep drill roads open and maintain in good condition.
- Haul fuel to the drill sites.
- Perform the required daily maintenance and fueling of equipment.
- Assist with other labour/operator duties required to support operations.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Minimum 3 years of equipment operations experience (including experience operating older equipment such as direct drive crawlers and independent steering and brakes on crawlers), specifically mountain road construction and extreme winter operations experience.
- Fully certified with current (unexpired) tickets.
- Strong mechanical background.
- Safety conscious, team-oriented, hardworking, and reliable.
- Experience working in a remote camp.
- Comfortable travelling on small aircraft.
- First Aid training is an asset.
- Good physical condition, able to bend, lift/pull items weighing up to 23 kg and stand for long periods.
- Capable of working safely in extreme weather conditions.
With safety being our top priority, strict adherence to NorZinc’s Zero-Tolerance Policy towards drugs and alcohol is a condition of employment. In addition, due to the evolving COVID-19 pandemic, adherence to COVID protocols is a condition of employment. This is a seasonal, fly in/fly out camp position that will typically involve a four week in, four week out rotation and is expected to run until January 2022.
NorZinc provides a competitive day rate, work-related travel expenses, travel time and all food and lodging while on site at Prairie Creek Mine.
Interested applicants are encouraged to view our website at www.norzinc.com to learn more about the Prairie Creek Mine and NorZinc. To apply, qualified candidates should email a current resume, cover letter and copies of all certifications and tickets to [email protected].
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest in NorZinc; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Preference will be given to qualified applicants from NorZinc’s Impact Benefit Agreements (“IBA”) communities of Naha Dehe Dene Band and Liidlii Kue First Nation.