NorZinc Ltd. is a premium mine developer specializing in high-grade zinc, lead and silver. The Company has an experienced Management team and Board along with an established site infrastructure.
It is headquartered in Vancouver, BC and listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbol “NZC“, in the United States on the OTCQB under the symbol “NORZF” and in Germany on the Frankfurt under the symbol “SRS“.
NorZinc is currently developing the Prairie Creek Mine in the Northwest Territories.
NorZinc Ltd, owner of the Prairie Creek Mine situated near Nahanni Butte in the Northwest Territories, has a temporary employment opportunity for an experienced Handyperson. Reporting to the Site Manager, this position will be responsible for minor repairs and maintenance of domestic and industrial camp facilities as needed.
- Maintain a clean, safe work area in compliance with NorZinc / WSCC standards.
- Perform all work in accordance with established safety procedures.
- Complete light maintenance duties including repairs of equipment and appliances.
- Assist tradespeople with electrical and plumbing repairs.
- Complete painting, drywall and tile repairs.
- Perform general maintenance of office building infrastructure.
- Other duties may be assigned as required.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Minimum of 2 years in minor repair and/or handyperson work.
- Competent in the safe operation of building construction tools.
- Basic math and good communication skills.
- Attention to detail and completeness.
- Safety conscious, team-oriented, hardworking, and reliable.
- Remote camp and Arctic weather experience.
- Comfortable travelling on small aircraft.
- Have a valid standard First Aid certification.
- Additional assets would include additional First Aid certifications, and administrative/technology proficiencies.
With safety being our top priority, strict adherence to NorZinc’s Zero-Tolerance Policy towards drugs and alcohol is a condition of employment. In addition, due to the evolving COVID-19 pandemic, adherence to COVID protocols is a condition of employment. This is a seasonal, fly in/fly out camp position that will typically involve a four week in, four week out rotation and is expected to run until January 2022.
NorZinc provides a competitive day rate, work-related travel expenses, travel time and all food and lodging while on site at Prairie Creek Mine.
Interested applicants are encouraged to view our website at www.norzinc.com to learn more about the Prairie Creek Mine and NorZinc. To apply, qualified candidates should email a current resume, cover letter and copies of all certifications and tickets to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest in NorZinc; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Preference will be given to qualified applicants from NorZinc’s Impact Benefit Agreements (“IBA”) communities of Naha Dehe Dene Band and Liidlii Kue First Nation.