NorZinc Ltd. is a premium mine developer specializing in high-grade zinc, lead and silver. The Company has an experienced Management team and Board along with an established site infrastructure.
It is headquartered in Vancouver, BC and listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbol “NZC“, in the United States on the OTCQB under the symbol “NORZF” and in Germany on the Frankfurt under the symbol “SRS“.
NorZinc is currently developing the Prairie Creek Mine in the Northwest Territories.
NorZinc Ltd, owner of the Prairie Creek Mine situated near Nahanni Butte in the Northwest Territories, has a temporary, 8-week fixed term employment opportunity over three months for an experienced Electrician. Reporting to the Site Manager, this position will be responsible for troubleshooting and maintaining a wide range of electrical systems at the Prairie Creek Mine.
- Carry out scheduled electrical servicing in accordance with manufacturer specifications, the Electrical Code, CSA standards, while following Company procedures and safety protocols.
- Identify and organize the resources required for each job including tools and other equipment, to ensure the efficient and timely completion of tasks and to maximize productivity.
- Complete all service sheets and document additional repairs performed on each task.
- Diagnose and anticipate any problems or potential failures and provide recommendations for solutions.
- Read and interpret service and spare parts manuals.
- Carry out regular inspections of systems and required tools.
- Complete various daily, weekly, monthly reports as required.
- Maintain high standards of housekeeping in all work areas.
Qualifications & Experience:
- 3+ years industrial maintenance experience.
- Safety conscious, team-oriented, hardworking, and reliable.
- Experience working in a remote camp.
- Comfortable travelling on small aircraft.
- First Aid training is an asset.
- Good physical condition, able to bend, lift/pull items weighing up to 23 kg and stand for long periods.
- Capable of working safely in extreme weather conditions.
- Experienced with 600 v 3 phase generators
With safety being our top priority, strict adherence to NorZinc’s Zero-Tolerance Policy towards drugs and alcohol is a condition of employment. In addition, due to the evolving COVID-19 pandemic, adherence to COVID protocols is a condition of employment. This is a seasonal, fly in/fly out camp position that will typically involve a four week in, four week out rotation.
NorZinc provides a competitive day rate, work-related travel expenses, travel time and all food and lodging while on site at Prairie Creek Mine.
Interested applicants are encouraged to view our website at www.norzinc.com to learn more about the Prairie Creek Mine and NorZinc. To apply, qualified candidates should email a current resume, cover letter and copies of all certifications and tickets to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest in NorZinc; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Preference will be given to qualified applicants from NorZinc’s Impact Benefit Agreements (“IBA”) communities of Naha Dehe Dene Band and Liidlii Kue First Nation.