NorZinc Ltd. is a premium mine developer specializing in high-grade zinc, lead and silver. The Company has an experienced Management team and Board along with an established site infrastructure.
It is headquartered in Vancouver, BC and listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbol “NZC“, in the United States on the OTCQB under the symbol “NORZF” and in Germany on the Frankfurt under the symbol “SRS“.
NorZinc is currently developing the Prairie Creek Mine in the Northwest Territories.
NorZinc Ltd, owner of the Prairie Creek Mine situated near Nahanni Butte in the Northwest Territories, has a temporary employment opportunity for an experienced Camp Cook. Reporting to the Camp Services Manager, this position will be responsible for the daily operation of the kitchen at the Prairie Creek Mine.
- Work in a safe, responsible manner while reporting potential hazards.
- Prepare breakfast, hot lunch, and dinner along with salads, desserts, and pastries for site personnel.
- Track meals, crew size and food/freight costs; order groceries and maintain inventory counts.
- Process and store leftover food in accordance with Food Safe guidelines.
- Maintain sanitation standards and resupply of kitchen, dining area, coffee station, common areas.
- Wash, dry and organize dishes, pots, inserts, utensils, and kitchen equipment.
- Ensure that all equipment and tools are well maintained and in good working order.
- Assist in freight deliveries and other duties assigned by the Camp Services Manager.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Experience cooking and performing housekeeping duties in a remote camp.
- Formal culinary training considered an asset.
- Comfortable travelling on small aircraft.
- Good organizational, oral and written communication skills
- Ability to prioritize and multitask.
- First Aid, WHMIS, and Food Safe Level 1 certifications required.
- Good physical condition, able to bend, lift/pull items weighing up to 23 kg and stand for long periods of time.
With safety being our top priority, strict adherence to NorZinc’s Zero-Tolerance Policy towards drugs and alcohol is a condition of employment. In addition, due to the evolving COVID-19 pandemic, adherence to COVID protocols is a condition of employment. This is a seasonal, fly in/fly out camp position that will typically involve a four week in, four week out rotation and is expected to run until January 2022.
NorZinc provides a competitive day rate, work-related travel expenses, travel time and all food and lodging while on site at Prairie Creek Mine.
Interested applicants are encouraged to view our website at www.norzinc.com to learn more about the Prairie Creek Mine and NorZinc. To apply, qualified candidates should email a current resume, cover letter and copies of all certifications and tickets to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest in NorZinc; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Preference will be given to qualified applicants from NorZinc’s Impact Benefit Agreements (“IBA”) communities of Naha Dehe Dene Band and Liidlii Kue First Nation.