NorZinc Ltd. is a premium mine developer specializing in high-grade zinc, lead and silver. The Company has an experienced Management team and Board along with an established site infrastructure.
It is headquartered in Vancouver, BC and listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbol “NZC“, in the United States on the OTCQB under the symbol “NORZF” and in Germany on the Frankfurt under the symbol “SRS“.
NorZinc is currently developing the Prairie Creek Mine in the Northwest Territories.
NorZinc Ltd, owner of the Prairie Creek Mine situated near Nahanni Butte in the Northwest Territories, has an employment opportunity for an experienced Site Manager. Reporting to the Exploration and Project Manager, the Site Manager will be responsible for supervising and directing the work of employees and contractors to ensure all site activities are carried out safely, on budget and according to plan at the Prairie Creek Mine.
- Act as a safety leader by implementing and ensuring compliance with NorZinc’s OH&S programs, including all COVID-19 protocols, in accordance with Company policies and WSCC / NWT standards.
- Hold daily coordination meetings and assess job priorities.
- Plan, coordinate, and assign work to site crews and ensure equipment & materials are available to complete the required work.
- Monitor work projects to ensure the safe and timely execution of all activities.
- Manage administration required to ensure the smooth operation of the mine site.
- Act as the primary liaison with suppliers, pilots, community members and NorZinc’s corporate office.
- Operate heavy equipment and perform minor to moderate mechanical repairs (including welding and electrical) as required.
- Issue daily reports summarizing the current status of activities at the mine site.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience managing construction and maintenance projects in an industrial setting.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong leadership and team building abilities.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite (specifically Excel and Word).
- Hold a valid standard First Aid certification as well as a WSCC Supervisor Level 2 certification.
- Safety conscious, team-oriented, hardworking, and reliable.
- Remote camp and Arctic weather experience.
- Comfortable travelling on small aircraft.
With safety being our top priority, strict adherence to NorZinc’s Zero-Tolerance Policy towards drugs and alcohol is a condition of employment. In addition, due to the evolving COVID-19 pandemic, adherence to COVID protocols is a condition of employment. This is a seasonal, fly in/fly out camp position that will typically involve a four week in, four week out rotation.
NorZinc provides a competitive day rate, work-related travel expenses, travel time and all food and lodging while on site at Prairie Creek Mine.
Interested applicants are encouraged to view our website at www.norzinc.com to learn more about the Prairie Creek Mine and NorZinc. To apply, qualified candidates should email a current resume, cover letter and copies of all certifications and tickets to [email protected].
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest in NorZinc; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Preference will be given to qualified applicants from NorZinc’s Impact Benefit Agreements (“IBA”) communities of Naha Dehe Dene Band and Liidlii Kue First Nation.