NorZinc Ltd. is a premium mine developer specializing in high-grade zinc, lead and silver. The Company has an experienced Management team and Board along with an established site infrastructure.
It is headquartered in Vancouver, BC and listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbol “NZC“, in the United States on the OTCQB under the symbol “NORZF” and in Germany on the Frankfurt under the symbol “SRS“.
NorZinc is currently developing the Prairie Creek Mine in the Northwest Territories.
NorZinc Ltd, owner of the Prairie Creek Mine situated near Nahanni Butte in the Northwest Territories, has a temporary employment opportunity for an experienced Health & Safety Manager. Reporting to the Site Manager, this position will be responsible for executing NorZinc’s Health, Safety and Emergency Response Program at the Prairie Creek Mine, developing and improving the program where appropriate.
- Promote, refine and revise NorZinc’s OH&S programs in accordance with WSCC / NWT standards.
- Conduct toolbox talks, weekly safety meetings and monthly ERT sessions.
- Complete behavioural safety observations and conducting appropriate follow up.
- Manage the Field Level Hazardous Assessment (FLHA) program.
- Develop and monitor job-level hazard assessments.
- Conduct incident investigations.
- Educate staff on correct safety procedures and ensuring safety standards are met.
- Maintaining PPE inventory.
- Keep orderly digital records, including safety metrics, incident reports and training documentation.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Minimum of 5 years in a related safety role in an industrial setting.
- Experience implementing and leading safety programs, workplace inspections, etc.
- Certified HSSE trainer (including confined space) would be an asset.
- Have a valid standard First Aid certification.
- Safety conscious, team-oriented, hardworking, and reliable.
- Remote camp and Arctic weather experience.
- Comfortable travelling on small aircraft.
- Additional assets would include additional First Aid certifications, administrative/technology proficiencies, and status as a certified trainer.
With safety being our top priority, strict adherence to NorZinc’s Zero-Tolerance Policy towards drugs and alcohol is a condition of employment. In addition, due to the evolving COVID-19 pandemic, adherence to COVID protocols is a condition of employment. This is a seasonal, fly in/fly out camp position that will typically involve a four week in, four week out rotation and is expected to run until January 2022 with the possibility of turning into a full-time position.
NorZinc provides a competitive day rate, work-related travel expenses, travel time and all food and lodging while on site at Prairie Creek Mine.
Interested applicants are encouraged to view our website at www.norzinc.com to learn more about the Prairie Creek Mine and NorZinc. To apply, qualified candidates should email a current resume, cover letter and copies of all certifications and tickets to jobs[email protected].
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest in NorZinc; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Preference will be given to qualified applicants from NorZinc’s Impact Benefit Agreements (“IBA”) communities of Naha Dehe Dene Band and Liidlii Kue First Nation.