WATER TREATMENT TECHNICIAN
NorZinc Ltd. is a premium mine developer specializing in high-grade zinc, lead and silver. The Company has an experienced Management team and Board along with an established site infrastructure.
It is headquartered in Vancouver, BC and listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbol “NZC“, in the United States on the OTCQB under the symbol “NORZF” and in Germany on the Frankfurt under the symbol “SRS“.
NorZinc is currently developing the Prairie Creek Mine in the Northwest Territories.
NorZinc Ltd, owner of the Prairie Creek Mine situated near Nahanni Butte in the Northwest Territories, has a temporary employment opportunity for an experienced Water Treatment Technician. Reporting to the Site Manager, this position will be responsible for daily water testing and treatment (according to prescribed methodology) and carrying out any environmental sampling/monitoring that is required at the Prairie Creek Mine.
- Conduct water monitoring and treatment using established procedures.
- Conduct daily, weekly and monthly water sampling.
- Maintain proper inventory levels.
- Operate the on-site wastewater treatment plant.
- Communicate directly with head office management for direction on monitoring and modifications.
- Maintain a clean, safe work area in compliance with NorZinc / WSCC standards.
- Performing all work in accordance with established safety procedures.
- Perform routine maintenance and trouble shooting of the water treatment equipment.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Successful completion of High School (GED) combined with one (1) year of relevant work experience in a mining, municipal, industrial or analytical setting.
- Post-secondary studies in Water Treatment or a related discipline.
- Familiarity with typical analytical laboratory procedures and use of water testing equipment.
- Works independently and is self-motivated to achieve results in a field camp setting.
- Valid standard First Aid certification.
- Computer proficiency (including Microsoft Outlook and Excel).
- Comfortable travelling on small aircraft.
- A responsible and positive attitude, with ability to work within a team.
- Good physical condition, able to bend, and lift/pull items weighing up to 23 kg when required.
- Additional First Aid certifications are an asset.
With safety being our top priority, strict adherence to NorZinc’s Zero-Tolerance Policy towards drugs and alcohol is a condition of employment. In addition, due to the evolving COVID-19 pandemic, adherence to COVID protocols is a condition of employment. This is a seasonal, fly in/fly out camp position that will typically involve a four week in, four week out rotation and is expected to run until January 2022.
NorZinc provides a competitive day rate, work-related travel expenses, travel time and all food and lodging while on site at Prairie Creek Mine.
Interested applicants are encouraged to view our website at www.norzinc.com to learn more about the Prairie Creek Mine and NorZinc. To apply, qualified candidates should email a current resume, cover letter and copies of all certifications and tickets to [email protected].
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest in NorZinc; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Preference will be given to qualified applicants from NorZinc’s Impact Benefit Agreements (“IBA”) communities of Naha Dehe Dene Band and Liidlii Kue First Nation.