SENIOR MINING ENGINEER
NorZinc Ltd. is a premium mine developer specializing in high-grade zinc, lead and silver. The Company has an experienced Management team and Board along with an established site infrastructure.
It is headquartered in Vancouver, BC and listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbol “NZC“, in the United States on the OTCQB under the symbol “NORZF” and in Germany on the Frankfurt under the symbol “SRS“.
NorZinc is currently developing the Prairie Creek Mine in the Northwest Territories.
Reporting to the Vice President, Project Development, the Senior Mining Engineer will be responsible for providing mining engineering expertise, oversight and direction throughout the underground mine planning and detailed mine design process for the Prairie Creek Mine.
Duties include (but are not limited to):
- Develop and adhere to safety standards and procedures.
- In collaboration with mining consultants, oversee the Prairie Creek underground mine plan development and sequencing activities, applying sound engineering design principles and economic analysis to the design.
- Assist in managing the accountability of consultant contract terms, including monitoring engineering progress against budget and forecasted schedule.
- Prepare mining equipment specifications and assist with mining equipment procurement.
- Coordinate with stakeholders within management and operational teams to ensure key information is communicated effectively.
- Participate in and lead risk assessments to actively manage the risks of the project.
- Manage compliance, quality control and quality assurance standards and specifications.
- Perform other mining engineering related duties as required
- Bachelor’s degree in Mining Engineering.
- Minimum ten (10) years’ experience as a Mining Engineer in operating mines and projects under development, particularly underground mines.
- Experience in underground mine planning, design, quality assurance and contractor management.
- Registration as a P.Eng. with EGBC or the ability to become registered within twelve (12) months.
- Experience working in a northern climate, in analyzing different underground mining techniques, and resource and reserve experience would be important assets.
- Advanced written, verbal and presentation skills, with an ability to communicate effectively at all levels in a clear, authentic and respectful manner.
- Ability to thrive in a diverse, fast-paced and collaborative environment.
- Self-sufficient, able to seek out answers and proactively solve problems .
- High ethical standards, accountability, and integrity.
- Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively and within established timelines.
- High degree of flexibility to adapt to changing priorities and demands
This position is based in Vancouver; regular travel to the project site will be required.
Qualified applicants are encouraged to submit an application using the link below. Applications will be received until September 25, 2020.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest in NorZinc; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.