NorZinc Ltd. is a premium mine developer specializing in high-grade zinc, lead and silver. The Company has an experienced Management team and Board along with an established site infrastructure.
It is headquartered in Vancouver, BC and listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbol “NZC“, in the United States on the OTCQB under the symbol “NORZF” and in Germany on the Frankfurt under the symbol “SRS“.
NorZinc is currently developing the Prairie Creek Mine in the Northwest Territories.
NorZinc Ltd, owner of the Prairie Creek Mine situated near Nahanni Butte in the Northwest Territories, has a temporary, 8-week fixed term employment opportunity over three months for an experienced Plumber. Reporting to the Site Manager, this position will be responsible for troubleshooting and maintaining a wide range of plumbing systems at the Prairie Creek Mine.
- Perform preventive maintenance procedures, to minimize downtime and maintenance costs, and manage equipment efficiencies.
- Perform downtime repair work; troubleshoot and diagnose malfunctions, identify opportunities for optimization.
- Installing/upgrading a cold weather utilidor to support multiple bunkhouses
- Use complex plumbing, mechanical, and process piping schematics to plan work scopes, install requested improvements and troubleshoot to correct problems.
- Consult manuals; read and interpret piping diagrams, P&IDs, blueprints, and schematics.
- Maintain proper documentation including logs, maintenance records, safety and environment reports.
Qualifications & Experience:
- 3+ years industrial maintenance experience.
- Safety conscious, team-oriented, hardworking, and reliable.
- Experience working in a remote camp.
- Comfortable travelling on small aircraft.
- First Aid training is an asset.
- Good physical condition, able to bend, lift/pull items weighing up to 23 kg and stand for long periods.
- Capable of working safely in extreme weather conditions.
- Experience with commercial boiler systems
With safety being our top priority, strict adherence to NorZinc’s Zero-Tolerance Policy towards drugs and alcohol is a condition of employment. In addition, due to the evolving COVID-19 pandemic, adherence to COVID protocols is a condition of employment. This is a seasonal, fly in/fly out camp position that will typically involve a four week in, four week out rotation.
NorZinc provides a competitive day rate, work-related travel expenses, travel time and all food and lodging while on site at Prairie Creek Mine.
Interested applicants are encouraged to view our website at www.norzinc.com to learn more about the Prairie Creek Mine and NorZinc. To apply, qualified candidates should email a current resume, cover letter and copies of all certifications and tickets to [email protected].
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest in NorZinc; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Preference will be given to qualified applicants from NorZinc’s Impact Benefit Agreements (“IBA”) communities of Naha Dehe Dene Band and Liidlii Kue First Nation.