OFA LEVEL 3 MEDIC
NorZinc Ltd. is a premium mine developer specializing in high-grade zinc, lead and silver. The Company has an experienced Management team and Board along with an established site infrastructure.
It is headquartered in Vancouver, BC and listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbol “NZC“, in the United States on the OTCQB under the symbol “NORZF” and in Germany on the Frankfurt under the symbol “SRS“.
NorZinc is currently developing the Prairie Creek Mine in the Northwest Territories.
NorZinc Ltd, owner of the Prairie Creek Mine situated near Nahanni Butte in the Northwest Territories, has a temporary employment opportunity for an experienced OFA Level 3 Medic. Reporting to the Site Manager, this position will be responsible for providing on-site medical services, capable of handling triage and life-threatening situations on site at Prairie Creek.
- Administer first aid and emergency support to ill or injured employees or contractors.
- Assess the extent of injuries or illness to determine the course of medical treatment.
- Document and record the nature of injuries and treatment provided.
- Maintain, disinfect and re-stock the on-site medical room.
- Liaise with nearby health/medical centres as needed to coordinate patient care and transfers.
- Perform unit and site inspections in compliance with NorZinc’s health and safety plan.
- Overtime hours may be required to care for patients.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Experience working in a remote camp with limited in-person support.
- Comfortable travelling on small aircraft.
- Valid Occupational First Aid (OFA) Level 3, or equivalent First Aid course.
- Ability to maintain composure, be firm, reassuring, and efficient in emergency situations.
- Strong oral and written communication skills, including the ability to convey medical information.
- Demonstrated ability to handle confidential information in an ethical and professional manner.
- Safety training in WHMIS, First Aid and AED required.
- Good physical condition, able to bend, lift/pull items weighing up to 23 kg and stand for long periods.
With safety being our top priority, strict adherence to NorZinc’s Zero-Tolerance Policy towards drugs and alcohol is a condition of employment. In addition, due to the evolving COVID-19 pandemic, adherence to COVID protocols is a condition of employment. This is a seasonal, fly in/fly out camp position that will typically involve a four week in, four week out rotation and is expected to run until January 2022.
NorZinc provides a competitive day rate, work-related travel expenses, travel time and all food and lodging while on site at Prairie Creek Mine.
Interested applicants are encouraged to view our website at www.norzinc.com to learn more about the Prairie Creek Mine and NorZinc. To apply, qualified candidates should email a current resume, cover letter and copies of all certifications and tickets to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest in NorZinc; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Preference will be given to qualified applicants from NorZinc’s Impact Benefit Agreements (“IBA”) communities of Naha Dehe Dene Band and Liidlii Kue First Nation.