MINE SITE LABOURER
NorZinc Ltd. is a premium mine developer specializing in high-grade zinc, lead and silver. The Company has an experienced Management team and Board along with an established site infrastructure.
It is headquartered in Vancouver, BC and listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbol “NZC“, in the United States on the OTCQB under the symbol “NORZF” and in Germany on the Frankfurt under the symbol “SRS“.
NorZinc is currently developing the Prairie Creek Mine in the Northwest Territories.
NorZinc Ltd, owner of the Prairie Creek Mine situated near Nahanni Butte in the Northwest Territories, has a temporary employment opportunity for a Mine Site Labourer. Reporting to the Site Manager, this position will be responsible for assisting with various tasks around the mine site, including moving supplies and equipment, refueling vehicles, assisting mechanics, and general site cleanup.
- Perform daily checks of equipment and facilities.
- Move supplies and equipment with an on-site vehicle.
- Complete special projects as directed by the Site Manager.
- Maintain a clean, safe work area in compliance with NorZinc / WSCC standards.
- Perform all work in accordance with established safety procedures.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Experience working in a remote location.
- Comfortable travelling on small aircraft.
- Valid standard First Aid certification (2-day course equivalent).
- Cooperative team player.
- Responsible and positive attitude.
- Good physical condition, able to bend, and lift/pull items weighing up to 23 kg when required.
- Additional First Aid certifications and other field tickets are strongly preferred.
- Ability to operate loader and telehandler would be an asset.
With safety being our top priority, strict adherence to NorZinc’s Zero-Tolerance Policy towards drugs and alcohol is a condition of employment. In addition, due to the evolving COVID-19 pandemic, adherence to COVID protocols is a condition of employment. This is a seasonal, fly in/fly out camp position that will typically involve a three week in, three week out rotation and is expected to run until January 2022.
NorZinc provides a competitive day rate, work-related travel expenses, travel time and all food and lodging while on site at Prairie Creek Mine.
Interested applicants are encouraged to view our website at www.norzinc.com to learn more about the Prairie Creek Mine and NorZinc. To apply, qualified candidates should email a current resume, cover letter and copies of all certifications and tickets to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest in NorZinc; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Preference will be given to qualified applicants from NorZinc’s Impact Benefit Agreements (“IBA”) communities of Naha Dehe Dene Band and Liidlii Kue First Nation.