MANAGER, INVESTOR RELATIONS
NorZinc Ltd. is a premium mine developer specializing in high-grade zinc, lead and silver. The Company has an experienced Management team and Board along with an established site infrastructure.
It is headquartered in Vancouver, BC and listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbol “NZC“, in the United States on the OTCQB under the symbol “NORZF” and in Germany on the Frankfurt under the symbol “SRS“.
NorZinc is currently developing the Prairie Creek Mine in the Northwest Territories.
Reporting to Chief Financial Officer, the Manager, Investor Relations (“IR”) will be responsible for supporting the development of NorZinc Ltd.’s (“NorZinc” or the “Company”) investor relations strategy, including developing key messages for investors and analysts, preparing investor marketing materials, and providing market intelligence to senior management. The position is also responsible for media and public relations and will provide backup to the CEO and CFO at conferences and investor meetings.
This role is a part-time position working at 50% capacity of a full-time role, or 20 hours per week, with the potential to evolve into a full-time role in the future.
- Monitor, identify and implement IR and industry disclosure best practices and trends.
- Draft investor materials including corporate presentations, news releases, fact sheets and announcements.
- Arrange for internal review, approval and distribution of news releases and other external communication.
- Provide monthly market updates on the silver, zinc, and lead sector including updates to commodity price trends, M&A, and other key metrics.
- Act as a key contact for current and prospective investors, including responding to phone and email inquiries in a timely manager.
- Coordinate conferences and roadshows (including registration and administrative requirements).
- Assist in planning and coordinating investor site tours and investor events (including the Annual General Meeting).
- Maintain the Company’s investor database, including tracking communication with key and potential investors.
- Coordinate media relations and proactively identify media opportunities to build relationships with key industry media.
- Manage the Company’s website, including ad-hoc postings and be responsible for regularly reviewing the website for accuracy, completeness and appropriate communication of NorZinc’s company strategy.
- Develop and maintain a social media strategy in line with the best practices of mining peers.
- Develop, implement and monitor Company-wide brand management standards and practices.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Minimum 8 years of experience in an intermediate-level investor relations role.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Finance, Business, Communications or a related degree.
- Strong knowledge of public markets; mining industry experience is essential.
- Working knowledge of regulatory & corporate governance rules and guidelines of a TSX-listed company.
- Strong aptitude for financial analysis and interpretation.
- Knowledge of technology and social media.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, with advanced Excel and PowerPoint skills).
- Experience in graphic editing software an asset.
- Proven ability to build strong relationships.
- Enthusiastic self-starter, shows initiative in day to day activities.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication (written and oral) skills for internal and external audiences.
- Ability to understand, summarize and communicate financial statements and concepts.
- Attention to detail, strong editing and proofreading skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and manage a number of projects simultaneously.
- Demonstrates confidentiality and judgement in dealing with sensitive information.
- Professional demeanor and ability to work in a dynamic, entrepreneurial environment.
- Excellent organization, prioritization and time management skills.
This position is based in Vancouver.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest in NorZinc; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.