NorZinc Ltd. is a premium mine developer specializing in high-grade zinc, lead and silver. The Company has an experienced Management team and Board along with an established site infrastructure.
It is headquartered in Vancouver, BC and listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbol “NZC“, in the United States on the OTCQB under the symbol “NORZF” and in Germany on the Frankfurt under the symbol “SRS“.
NorZinc is currently developing the Prairie Creek Mine in the Northwest Territories.
NorZinc Ltd, owner of the Prairie Creek Mine situated near Nahanni Butte in the Northwest Territories, has temporary employment opportunities for experienced kitchen and housekeeping staff. Reporting to the Camp Services Manager, these positions will be responsible for supporting the daily operation of the kitchen and housekeeping departments at the Prairie Creek Mine.
- Maintain a clean, safe work environment in compliance with NorZinc and WSCC standards.
- Perform all work in accordance with the established safety procedures.
- Strict adherence to NorZinc’s COVID-19 Sanitation Protocol, including daily documentation requirements.
- Maintain clean and hygienic conditions of the bedrooms, bathrooms, and common areas.
- Make beds, change sheets, distribute clean towels and toiletries, wash, dry, and fold linens and towels.
- Dusting, vacuuming, sweeping, moping, and general housekeeping.
- Maintaining cleanliness and resupply of kitchen, dining area, coffee station and common areas.
- Washing and organizing dishes, pots, inserts, utensils and kitchen equipment.
- Assisting Chef in basic food preparation, vegetable prep, salads and sandwiches.
- Assisting in freight deliveries and other duties assigned by the Camp Services Manager.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Preference given for previous remote camp experience.
- Good organizational skills, ability to prioritize and multi-task.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Candidates with certification in First Aid, WHMIS, and Basic Food Safe preferred.
- Previous culinary training or interest in a culinary career considered an asset.
- Must be in good physical condition, able to bend, lift/pull items weighing up to 23 kg and stand for long periods of time.
With safety being our top priority, strict adherence to NorZinc’s Zero-Tolerance Policy towards drugs and alcohol is a condition of employment. In addition, due to the evolving COVID-19 pandemic, adherence to COVID protocols is a condition of employment. This is a seasonal, fly in/fly out camp position that will typically involve working a minimum 10-hour day on a three week in, three week out rotation and is expected to run until January 2022.
NorZinc provides a competitive day rate, work-related travel expenses, travel time and all food and lodging while on site at Prairie Creek Mine.
Interested applicants are encouraged to view our website at www.norzinc.com to learn more about the Prairie Creek Mine and NorZinc. To apply, qualified candidates should email a current resume, cover letter and copies of all certifications and tickets to email@example.com.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest in NorZinc; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Preference will be given to qualified applicants from NorZinc’s Impact Benefit Agreements (“IBA”) communities of Naha Dehe Dene Band and Liidlii Kue First Nation.