NorZinc Ltd. is a premium mine developer specializing in high-grade zinc, lead and silver. The Company has an experienced Management team and Board along with an established site infrastructure.
It is headquartered in Vancouver, BC and listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbol “NZC“, in the United States on the OTCQB under the symbol “NORZF” and in Germany on the Frankfurt under the symbol “SRS“.
NorZinc is currently developing the Prairie Creek Mine in the Northwest Territories.
NorZinc Ltd, owner of the Prairie Creek Mine situated near Nahanni Butte in the Northwest Territories, has a temporary employment opportunity for an experienced Geologist. Reporting to the Exploration and Project Manager, this position will be responsible for drill core logging and geology field support.
- Maintain a clean, safe work area in compliance with NorZinc / WSCC standards.
- Perform all work in accordance with established safety procedures.
- Complete core logging via company-provided core logging software/hardware.
- Mark drill core intervals for sampling.
- Assist with aligning drill rigs and spotting drillholes.
- Provide daily reports on drill progress and intersected lithologies.
Qualifications & Experience:
- A minimum of 3rd year Earth Science or Geology in a 4-year B.Sc program.
- Computer proficiency (Microsoft Excel, ArcGIS and AutoCAD would be considered assets).
- Safety conscious, team-oriented, hardworking, and reliable.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Remote camp and Arctic weather experience, including the ability to work safely in extreme weather conditions.
- Comfortable travelling on small aircraft.
- First Aid training is an asset.
- Good physical condition, able to bend, lift/pull items weighing up to 23 kg and stand for long periods.
With safety being our top priority, strict adherence to NorZinc’s Zero-Tolerance Policy towards drugs and alcohol is a condition of employment. In addition, due to the evolving COVID-19 pandemic, adherence to COVID protocols is a condition of employment. This is a seasonal, fly in/fly out camp position that will typically involve a four week in, four week out rotation and is expected to run until January 2022.
NorZinc provides a competitive day rate, work-related travel expenses, travel time and all food and lodging while on site at Prairie Creek Mine.
Interested applicants are encouraged to view our website at www.norzinc.com to learn more about the Prairie Creek Mine and NorZinc. To apply, qualified candidates should email a current resume, cover letter and copies of all certifications and tickets to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest in NorZinc; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Preference will be given to qualified applicants from NorZinc’s Impact Benefit Agreements (“IBA”) communities of Naha Dehe Dene Band and Liidlii Kue First Nation.