NorZinc Ltd. is a premium mine developer specializing in high-grade silver, zinc. and lead. The Company has an experienced Management team and Board along with an established site infrastructure.
It is headquartered in Vancouver, BC and listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbol “NZC“, in the United States on the OTCQB under the symbol “NORZF” and in Germany on the Frankfurt under the symbol “SRS“.
NorZinc is currently developing the Prairie Creek Mine in the Northwest Territories.
Reporting to the CFO, the Corporate Controller is responsible for managing the Company’s quarterly and other regulatory reporting, providing oversight of the Finance team, and ensuring internal controls over financial reporting.
- Manage financial reporting function and ensure compliance under IFRS and with public reporting requirements
- Ensure timely preparation of all financial information required for monthly, quarterly, and annual reports
- Manage month-end close process
- Review working papers, journal entries and memos as required for impairment analysis
- Review the consolidated financial statements of NorZinc and related memos for the Audit Committee
- Prepare agendas for the Audit Committee meetings and coordinate meetings with CFO and Audit Committee Chair as required
- Prepare draft quarterly and annual IFRS consolidated financial statements with accompanying notes, analyses and supporting schedules
- Ensure a strong control environment through the development and implementation of accounting and financial controls, policies, and procedures
- Review the analysis of technical questions/new transactions, including but not limited to: preparation of memos, journal entries and coordination with external auditors as required
- Review the annual budget for the Finance team
- Provide leadership to the Finance team
- Day-to-day management of the relationship with NorZinc’s external audit firm
- Approve payments
- Other projects as required.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Canadian Chartered Professional Accountant designation (or international equivalent)
- Minimum 5 years of experience in a similar position in a complex, multijurisdictional public company environment managing a team of 3 people or more
- NI 52-109/ SOX 104 requirements and practical application thereof
- Strong knowledge of Canadian public company reporting requirements
- Mining industry experience preferred
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- High Microsoft Office proficiency, specifically Excel (pivot Tables, v-lookups, advanced functions/formulas)
- Prior experience with ERP systems an asset
- Ability to develop a strong internal controls culture and financial regulatory compliance in the organization
- Ability to influence and to develop support and collaboration across the organization
- Ability to recognize requirements, prioritize deliverables and work within defined timelines
- Ability to work in a diverse, fast-paced environment
- Developed self-confidence, interpersonal flexibility, initiative and perseverance
This position is based in Vancouver.
Qualified applicants are encouraged to submit a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest in NorZinc; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.